WHAT IS MOBYCY?
- Mobycy, is an app-based bicycle-sharing platform, offering commuters a convenient, on-demand & affordable alternative mode of transportation to reach the last mile.
- Commuting via Mobycy helps reduce traffic congestion and environmental pollution, making the city a greener place to live in. Users can simply rent a bicycle whenever, wherever, via the Mobycy app.
- Mobycy’s vision & mission is to make India a greener & fitter cycling nation by solving last mile connectivity issues in an affordable way.
HOW DOES MOBYCY WORK?
- Download the Mobycy app from Android Playstore or iOS Appstore, find a bicycle on the map through the app, and unlock it by scanning the QR code using the Mobycy app. At the end of the ride, just park the bicycle properly within any Mobycy Parking Circle and lock it using the app.Since we are truly Dockless, you can park your bicycle anywhere in public place, however on parking outside the Parking Circle, a convenience charge will be levied. .
- To start using Mobycy App, users have to login using their mobile number & add a refundable security deposit along with their Aadhar identification or Student ID card.
- To use a bicycle, just approach a bicycle & scan QR code on the bicycle using Mobycyapp. As the bicycle unlocks, you can start riding the bicycle.
- Once you reach your destination, just lock it manually and then END the ride on app after parking responsibly at a mobycy parking circle, so that other users can find the same easily.
- Bicycle Operating Hours and Bicycle Availability: Rider agrees and acknowledges that the Bicycles are available 12 hours a day, 7 days/week, 365 days per year, except in the case of unforeseen events. Bicycles must be rented within the maximum rental time limits set forth below. The number of Bicycles is limited and Mobycy can never guarantee Bicycle availability at all places of your choice while our intent will always be to serve where you are.
- Safety is Mobycy’s top priority, and our Bicycles are equipped with an anti-theft lock and alarm, side-stand for parking stability, and bright reflectors for a safe travel in the night too.
- We encourage users to look after their own safety by wearing helmets while riding Mobycy. Also, we’re working introducing some insurance plans which users can buy before booking their ride.
WHERE DOES MOBYCY OPERATE?
- Gurugram: Areas marked in green is our current service area. Look for a parking space within this area.
- Apart from Gurugram, Mobycy is also successfully operating in
- Noida: Within Amity Campus
- Greater Noida: Within Galgotia, Amity Campus
- Faridabad: Within Manav Rachna University Campus
- Chandigarh: Within Chitkara University Campus
- Sonipat: Within Ashoka University Campus
- Gwalior: Within Laxmi Bai Institute of Physical Education
- Baddi, HP: Within Chitkara University Campus
- Jaipur: In an exclusive partnership with Jaipur Metro Rail Corporation (JMRC), we're expanding to various parts of Jaipur.
- Pune-Viman Nagar, Kharadi, Chandan Nagar areas powering areas like EON & WTC IT Parks, Symbiosys Campuses in Viman Nagar, Airport area and many other residential areas in the above mentioned.
- Bangalore- HSR Layout, Kormangla, Tawarekare road, BTM Layout.
- We'll soon expand our services to many cities.
- We encourage our users to park bicycles within the Mobycy parking circles to avoid convenience charges.
- In case you want us to launch in your area, please send us an email at email@example.com
Mobycy is currently present in 11 cities of India viz.:
WHY SHOULD YOU USE MOBYCY?
- Riding a Mobycy will always be beneficial for you as its better than walking in terms of speed, it’s very affordable at just Rs.5/Half hour. While our subscription plan Also, it helps reduce pollution & traffic which are the two biggest menaces of our modern world.
- On top of it, it’s a fitter option to choose. Cycling has so many benefits & will help burn so many of your calories for a fitter you.
- We’re creating a green cycling revolution in India. On every 100 Mobycy rides, we have pledged to plant a tree in the name of our 100th rider. Riding Mobycy will give this sense of pride that you’re contributing to a better future & a greener India.
- Mobycy also comes with an easy to use simple app & is India’s 1st green tech solution to cover last mile distance with its dockless bicycle sharing concept.
LOG IN & SIGN UP
CAN'T RECEIVE THE SMS CODE
- There are various reasons for which you may not receive your SMS OTP code
- Poor Network Coverage
- Server Timeout
- In the above cases, you should try moving to a slightly different location and request for a new OTP (One Time Password).
HOW TO INVITE FRIENDS TO MOBYCY?
- Each user can invite his or her friends to this green cycling revolution by using the Share button on the Menu
- If you enjoy Mobycy, invite your friends to join us and commute to a healthier you.
WHY DO I HAVE TO PAY A DEPOSIT?
- A deposit is required to use Mobycy to ensure user's responsibility while using our service. This deposit is fully refundable in the event the user decides not to continue with our services. During the launch period, we’re charging an Introductry deposit of Rs 1 for all users.
PAY DEPOSIT AND REFUND DEPOSIT
- To pay deposit, click Deposits tab & select "Pay Deposit" and then pay using your Paytm wallet within which you can pay via any debit, credit card or via net banking too
- The deposit can be only added along with a valid Aadhar/ PAN/ Drivers License/ Voter ID card for all users & a valid Student/Corporate Photo identification for students. This will be verified by our team once you have added these to the app.
WHEN CAN I GET MY DEPOSIT REFUNDED?
- Once you have added deposit for the 1st time & have also added your valid aadhar identification or student photo identification, our team usually takes 24-48 hours to verify the same post which your deposit can easily be refunded back to your wallet again.
- You cannot get your deposit refunded while your ride is ongoing. Only after 4 hours of your ride being over & once your document e-verification is complete, the refund deposit bar goes active, post which you can get the refund or your deposit at any time of your choice.
- To get a refund for your deposit, please go to Deposits tab and click the link for refund deposit. You will receive your deposit within 3-14 days.
- If you did not receive your refund within 15 working days, please inform us and we will look into it immediately.
- You can request for refund of deposit once at no cost.
CAN I KEEP MY DEPOSIT RESERVED IN MOBYCY APP?
- Yes, if you use Mobycy app on a regular basis, it’s advisable to keep the fully refundable deposit reserved within Mobycy App. This will ease your experience rather than adding deposit every time you wish to take a ride
- You can request for refund of deposit once at no cost. For request of refund more than once, a transaction fee will be imposed and deducted from the deposit.
WILL MY DEPOSIT EVER BE DEDUCTED?
- If you’re using Mobycy cycles properly & parking them also properly, there’s no way that any deposit will ever be deducted. The only reason we take deposit is for securing Mobycy bicycles as we’re on a revolution to make India green. In case we get reported that our respective user has tried to vandalize our bicycle or has tried to steal any part of the bicycle that will be the case when your security deposit can be penalized.
- The Bicycle must be locked at the conclusion of the ride. If the Bicycle is not locked, the trip will continue, and you will continue to be charged. The max charge for a single trip is Rs.240 for 24 hours
- Maximum Rental Time and Charges: Maximum rental time is 24 hours. Rider agrees that Rider will deactivate the Bicycle rental within 24 hours of time that rental of the Bicycle began. The rider may then rent again. Rider agrees that he/she is solely responsible for being aware of any elapsed time related to the timely locking the Bicycle. The maximum daily charge is Rs.240 and is based on a calendar day. After the return of the Bicycle, the rider will be charged the accumulated rental charges, or the maximum daily charge; whichever is less. Bicycles not returned (locked and a ride concluded) within 48 hours will be considered lost or stolen, and Rider may be charged up to Rs.4999 and a police report may be filed. Mobycy may also charge a service fee of Rs.999 for rentals in excess of 24 hours where the Bicycle is not lost or stolen.
- Bicycle Operating Hours and Bicycle Availability: Rider agrees and acknowledges that the Bicycles are available as mentioned in the FAQs section. Bicycles must be rented within the maximum rental time limits set forth below. The number of Bicycles is limited, and Bicycle availability is never guaranteed.
- Pick Up Fees: If You are unable to return a bicycle to a valid public parking area (i.e. you deactivate the bicycle on private property, a locked community, or another unreachable area), and request that the bicycle be picked up by Mobycy staff, Mobycy, at its sole discretion, may choose to charge You a pick-up fee up to Rs.999. If any bicycle accessed under your account is abandoned without notice, you will be responsible for all Trip Fees until the bicycle is recovered and deactivated, plus a service charge (currently Rs.999) to recover the Bicycle. Fees are subject to change.
- Lost or Stolen Bicycle: If a Bicycle is not returned within 48 consecutive hours, then the Bicycle is deemed lost or stolen and a police report may be filed with local authorities. The data generated by the Service’s computer is conclusive evidence of the period of use of a Bicycle by a Rider. The rider must report Bicycle disappearance or theft to Mobycy immediately or as soon as possible.
WHAT IS THE PRICING FOR MOBYCY BICYCLE RIDES?
REGULAR PAY PER RIDE
- Mobycy rides cost just Rs.5/Half-hour. After an hour of riding, one will be charged Rs.5 for every 30 minutes of the ride but after 3 hours of usage you will enter the full-day ride mode.
FULL DAY PRICING
- If you wish to keep your Mobycy ride for longer durations then you can opt for Full Day Rides which will charge a flat amount of Rs. 29 for a duration upto 12 hours.(Minimum 3 hours). In case you have no usage of the cycle but wish to keep it then all you have to do is to lock the bicycle manually and not end the ride on the app.This is Mid-break/Pause & Play feature which will keep the bicycle reserved for you.
- We have a 30-day subscription model at just Rs.99, where all users get 2 rides of 1 hour each day for 30 days (total of 60 rides, max 2 in a day). If you are a registered campus student / partner, you get 4 rides of 1 hour each day for 30 days in just Rs.99 (total of 120 rides, max 4 in a day).
HOW IS CONVENIENCE FEE CALCULATED?
- In our new update (v-2.1.4) we have introduced Mobycy Parking Circles, In this feature, If your Bicycle is out of the circle then you'll be charged a convenience fee depending on the factors mentioned below. P.S -Before charging the fee, you will get a pop-up informing about the charges. We request you to keep using the latest updated app.
- If you are parked inside the Parking Circle then you will not be charged any amount. (Eg-: If you have used Mobycy for 30 minutes and parked inside the parking circle then you'll be charged only for the ride)
- If you are outside the parking circle then you'll be charged Rs.5 for a range of upto 1km (Depends on the parking spots) (Eg-: If you have used Mobycy for 30 minutes and are 400 meters out of the parking circle then you'll be charged Rs.5 as convenience fee))
- If you park further than the limit explained above then you will be charged Rs 2 per kilometers from the excess limit mentioned above. (Eg-: If you have used Mobycy for 30 minutes and have parked 2 kms outside the parking circle then you will charged a convenience fee of Rs. 5 for the parking outside the circle and Rs.4 for the distance of 2kms from the parking circle)
- Promo codes (discounts) are offers and can only be redeemed via Mobycy App. Mobycy reserves the right to modify or cancel discounts at any time. Discounts are limited to terms & conditions per customer device and Mobycy account and may not be combined with other offers. Discounts are non-transferable and may not be resold.
MINIMUM BALANCE IN WALLET TO USE MOBYCY
- Yes, you should have a minimum of Rs.25 in your wallet to start your Mobycy ride.
- If you are already riding, it will not prevent you from completing your trip.
- In case of low wallet balance, you will be prompted to add a minimum balance of Rs.25 to start your Mobycy rides.
I HAVE CHANGED TO A NEW MOBILE NUMBER
- You can request a refund of your deposit and register as a new user using your new mobile number.
UNLOCK & LOCK
HOW CAN I UNLOCK MOBYCY BICYCLE?
- You can unlock a bicycle by just approaching the bicycle & scanning the QR code on the lock or the mudguard or the front plate by hitting the unlock button on the Mobycy home page.
- Within seconds while scanning the QR code, the bicycle lock unlocks itself & your ride starts. If due to any network reason, it takes longer, just try & scan the QR code of same or nearet available Mobycy bike again.
- Your ride will end only when you will manually lock the bicycle again & also end ride on app.
- Please note that the bicycle's actual location may vary slightly from the app, so do look around for it.
HOW DO I LOCK THE MOBYCY BICYCLE?
- If you have completed your ride then you will have to manually lock the bicycle. After this two options will appear on your screen. Pause-Ride & End-Ride. Pause-Ride will allow you to keep your bicycle for the time you wish to use its services; till then your meter will be on and your cycle will be reserved for you. Clicking End-Ride would simply end your trip.
- After completing your ride, the app will provide you with a trip summary where you can see how much time & distance travelled along with how many calories you burnt & how much pollution saved in terms of carbon footprint.
HOW DO I RESERVE A BICYCLE?
- Though there is no system of reserving our Bicycles but with our Full-Day Ride feature you can easily keep your Mobycy ride for upto 12 hours at just 29 Rs.
WHERE TO PARK A MOBYCY BICYCLE?
- Mobycy users are encouraged to park bicycles at Mobycy Designated Parking Circles. Bicycles should never be parked in private parks, within a compound, within a residence, or inside an underground parking space unless confirmed by a Mobycy executive. We are putting our best efforts to ensure that Mobycy bicycles are available around your place at any time of day.
- •Since we’re truly dockless, we still let our users park and end ride anywhere, just that a small convenience fee of Rs.5 outside circle & Rs.2/km of distance away from circle is levied in case you choose to end ride outside.
- To provide a comfortable smooth experience, we seek your support and understanding to park at Mobycy Designated Parking Circles. To offer your place as Mobycy Designated Parking Place or to report wrong parking or bad parking, reach firstname.lastname@example.org to get freebies from Mobycy team.
- Correct parking norms:
- Park in a safe public place.
- Park in Mobycy Designated Parking Place.
- Stack where bicycles are already parked or usually from places where you pick bicycles from.
- Correct parking places are the official government-designated public parking areas.
- Incorrect Parking places:
- Never park inside a gated community unless it’s a Mobycy Designated Parking Place.
- Never park inside building or in basement / underground parking.
- Never park in small alleyways.
- Never park it where it could impact other commuters or other means of transport.
- Never park it where it becomes difficult for other users to find or use.
- Incorrect parking leads to a penalty fee which will be charged on the user. It can also lead to barring of user account on Mobycy.
WHAT IS PARKING CIRCLE?
- Parking Circles are ranges wherein, if the Bicycle is out of the circle then you'll be charged a convinience fee based on the distance from the Circle.
WHAT IF I GOT HURT WHILE RIDING MOBYCY?
- We request all our riders to ride Mobycy safely. We’re a service provider who is in the technology business of providing bicycle sharing service to everyone. In case you have used our bicycle & have got into an accident, Mobycy won’t be responsible in any such circumstance what so ever. We encourage our users to look after their own safety by wearing helmets & riding safely. Also, we’re working introducing some insurance plans which users can buy before booking their ride.
HOW IS MOBYCY DIFFERENT FROM EXISTING BICYCLE SHARING NETWORKS?
- The majority of existing Bicycle sharing networks have fixed docking stations - permanently installed Bicycle racks spread out over a city. These cost cities millions of dollars to maintain and operate, so stations are few and far between. Additionally, limited Bicycles mean a cap on the number of available Bicycles and higher costs for the users. We believe there’s a better way-by partnering with local governments and stakeholders, Mobycy eliminates docking stations, creating a broadly distributed system, with Bicycles that are more accessible and affordable to all.Mobycy is a true dockless bicycle sharing service as it allows users to park anywhere in public.
HOW MUCH WILL MOBYCY COST MY CITY?
- Zero. Mobycy incorporates easily into cities' existing transportation model and greatly reduces carbon footprints. Mobycy also covers all Bicycle maintenance and rider education costs.
HOW TO GET IN TOUCH REGARDING ANY CONCERN OR ISSUE OR IDEA?
- Just go to Mobycy app & click on the Help section, submit your query & someone will reach out to you fast. Alternatively, you can email us at email@example.com or call on +91-9205946214, 0124-4789888 between 10 AM to 7 PM from Monday to Saturday.
Updated: 14th March'18
© 2018 Mobycy . All rights reserved.